Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Aspirations of the Dream Job

It’s been a while since I’ve written. I hate that my time to write is often cut short by my many jobs. I wish I could spend more time with my daughter, I wish I could work from home. I am getting there, I just need to figure out how to get health insurance- then I will dump this donut stand and stick with what I do best. Teaching and Writing.


I really want to start writing children’s books (along with illustrating them). It’s something I have always wanted to do. I want to write about the Adventures of Nina, so that she can look back and appreciate how wonderful her life was as a child.


I am really happy about getting this new job tutoring part-time, it doesn’t pay that much but it should be rewarding. I appreciate things that are rewarding, rather than things that just require pointless work that are not going to be helpful.


So my first story of Nina’s Adventures needs to be a good one, I’m not sure if it should be her adventure as a princess, pirate, water bender, meeting attendee, or teacher.


She has so many adventures each day and she is such a wonderful subject matter – it’s really a matter of picking the best adventure and sending it to every publisher I can think of.

Any opinions on which story I should write first? Which topic would you pick?

1 comment:

Carrie L said...

I suggest writing whichever one inspires you the most and is easiest for you to start writing.