Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bringing Performance Arts Back Into My Life

I remember my first performance singing at age four, it blossomed into theater, music and dance performances throughout my childhood/teenager years until 1999. I loved being on stage, I loved that I could inspire others through music, dancing and drama. Between 1999 and 2011, I have kept my love for singing (with sporadic privately paid singing performances) and I have trained my daughter.

While I was at New Year's Gongyo at the Phoenix Convention Center I was inspired by the Taiko drums, dancers, chorus performers. I decided I was going to join the dance group with Nina, I've grown to love dance and my dancing myoho sisters... I have actual proof I have become happier in my life.

My first performance was for Daisaku Ikeda Week and it's changed me... Learning hula helped me to connect my heart with my mentor. Before my performance I chanted sincerely and I could feel the interconnectness of humanity and the universe around me. I will be continuing with dance and continuing to enhance my efforts to "be the change I want to see in this world."

No comments: